Saturday, June 20, 2009

Good evening, sports fans

Call me Currendo, although I'm aware that's hardly a feminine form. I'm a northern Virginian Latin teacher with a running habit that some might call 'obsessive,' though my mom assures me it's merely 'disciplined.'

(Granted, she told me this after I had spent the day irrationally snapping at anybody in sight and intermittently weeping, all because I'd forced myself to take a rest day. I am not sure how reliably this testimony can be considered.)

I am pretty sure, by the way, that this running I speak of should also be called 'rather slow' and 'just for kicks' and 'in need of a lot more dedication especially in the area of track workouts because I just am terrible at making myself do them no matter how much I plan and resolve and brush my teeth with my left hand.' (Supposedly increases overall willpower. I'm skeptical.) And just to complete the qualifications, I'm actually a soon-to-be Virginian, a soon-to-be Latin teacher. All-too-soon-to-be, judging by my to-do list as I prepare to move and start the school year -- and the summer session.

I'm looking forward to spreading my already-detailed training logs to the wider, uninterested world. Despite several years of half-serious and six months of pretty-serious running, despite a competitive streak that's been limited to intense games of Boggle ever since high school quiz team came to an end, I've yet to run even one race. I think I'm scared. So this, too, will be described in full.

Thanks for reading this far. Rest assured that I have probably been stalking your blog for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment